Do yourself a true natural beauty with the help of the contents of your fridge , fruit bowl or pantry to brighten your skin tone, nourish the skin and even fight wrinkles ! Here we list the best person -friendly products.
And for natural beauty products that do not cost the earth , try our beauty recipes to make your own products and homemade facial masks – cheap but effective option that you can buy on the high street !
First, let’s take a look at the beauty of the natural advantages of some everyday foods :
- Almond milk – It contains vitamins A and B , oleic and linoleic acid , two fatty acids that are vital to the health of the skin. Using almond milk can be traced back to the Egyptian pharaohs. As beneficial today as it was then , it nourishes as it cleanses .
- Avocado – packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B , C, and E, avocado is very nourishing for the skin and helps fight free radicals.
- Barley water – soaked in water, barley can be made in barley water , which has many healing benefits . It can be used as a mild detergent. Containing vitamins B and E, and essential minerals such as iodine , potassium , calcium , magnesium , iron and copper , and barley also has nutritional value .
- Blackcurrant – Blackcurrant contain vitamins B and C, as well as calcium , potassium and magnesium. The fruit acid in black currants is toning , moisturizing , cleansing and anti-inflammatory .
- Cucumber – cucumber contains vitamins A, B and C , as well as sulfur, manganese and iodine. It has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory action.
- Eggs – Eggs are usually added in facials. Egg yolks make them more useful and thick, while the white make the mask more astringent and easier to spread. Recipes using masks should be used at a time, as they can not be stored .
- Grapes – rich in minerals, potassium, manganese , calcium , sodium and iodine , vitamins A, B and C , grape tonic and astringent . Black grapes also contain bioflavonoids quercetin , a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging effects.
- Honey – usually added to other substances, such as clay , eggs , fruit or yogurt, honey is very moisturizing and nourishing qualities increases mask or lotion. It also acts as a thickener and glue.
- Lemon juice – an astringent and tonic, lemon juice inhibits the growth of bacteria. It also provides the skin with vitamin C. antioxidising
- Live yogurt – with cooling and refreshing effect , live yogurt cleanses the skin . Due to the content of lactic acid , it also lightens the skin dramatically. Ultimately , yogurt has a good effect on the skin pH balancing levels ( acid / base balance ) .
- Oats – Avena have sedative, anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Fine Oats oatmeal , bran or coarse cereals can be either cooked or raw , as a basis for the mask . Oatmeal is also a good thickener for any recipe .
- Papaya – an enzyme called papain , most abundant in the flesh of unripe papaya , literally digests dead skin cells and acts as an excellent gentle exfoliant .
- Strawberries – a fruit acid in strawberries helps them to act as a mild peeling agent and astringent. Strawberries are also high in vitamin C for the treatment of damaged skin.
Try some of our recipes for beauty natural beauty products you can whip up in your kitchen !
Avocado and honey mask
1 ripe avocado
1 teaspoon clear honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of yogurt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead pasta, using a fork . Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Apply the pack on your face and leave on for 10 minutes. Carefully remove with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel.
Mint , cucumber and milk Cleanser
4-inch (approximately ) piece of cucumber
5 mint leaves
50 ml (2FL ounces ) of milk
2 drops of grapefruit seed extract or tincture of benzoin
Peel and slice the cucumber. Remove the stems and chop the mint leaves . Place in food processor with the milk and stir until smooth. Then pour the mixture into a saucepan and place over medium heat , bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes and let it cool . Strain through a kitchen paper. Pour into a clean bottle and add the grapefruit seed extract . Store in the refrigerator and use within a week.
Papaya Exfoliating Lotion
1 fresh papaya
1 cup of chamomile extract , cooled
Peel the papaya, remove the seeds and puree the flesh in a food processor or blender . Press through a piece of cheesecloth to get all the juices. Mix the juice with an equal amount of chamomile extract , and mix well. Using a cotton ball , apply lotion for the face and neck, avoiding the eyes . Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
Oatmeal, fennel and honey mask
2 teaspoons fennel seeds , crushed
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal
Add the fennel seeds to a half cup of boiling water. Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes. Strain and discard seeds. Mix 1 tablespoon of fennel seed extract with honey ( stored in the refrigerator and use the other as a person rinse out) . Add oatmeal and smooth on your face. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool or lukewarm water.
Black currants, grapes and lemon Toner
½ cup black currants
about 10 grapes
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Mix blackberries and strain through a muslin. Reserve juice – to 75 ml (2 ½ fl oz ) . Repeat with grapes , saving the same amount of juice. Mix both of juice in the bottle. Add the lemon juice. Apply to face and neck twice a day. Cover and stored in the refrigerator for 48 hours.